Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Anything Goes!

While searching the net to see if any local companies were putting on Pirates of Penzance this year, I found the Whitehorse Musical Theatre company. They aren't doing Pirates but they are doing Anything Goes. Singing, Sailors and tap-dancing. And they wanted volunteers to help with sewing costumes.

Just before Christmas, I'd dusted off my old sewing machine and made a heap of t-shirts and boxers and bookbags and other bags and I was keen to keep sewing. And I liked the idea of getting together with others to sew. And I liked the idea of being involved in a musical. So I made a call and before I new it I had nine pairs of sailor pants to make. And nine zips to put in.

Zips. don't you just shudder at the word? Scary things. Been sewing for years and still scared of zips. Still, I figured, nine zips, I'll be really good at zips by the time I'm finished. Well, I'm really good at taking zips out! Some of those zips went in and out three times. But I'm getting the hang of it now, thanks to expert tuition from my new friends.

Anything Goes is playing from 15 May until 29 May 2010
Early bird tickets on sale now
Venue: The Besen Centre, 87 – 89 Station St, Burwood, Mel Ref 61 C5

http://www.whitehorsecentre.com.au/Anything-Goes.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janet,
    Glad to read you are back to sewing and mastering zippers!

    Thanks for your comments on my Elna Special (Ella). The extra stitches are hidden in the stitch width lever, it rotates, the symbol on top is the stitch the machine will sew when the stitch width lever is moved away from zero. I hope this makes sense to you.

    Would you like me to scan the manual?

    ReplyDelete